- Bitcoin to mass market: offer a similar service to that of Zebpay, allowing its customers with no previous cryptocurrency to access and benefit from Bitcoin services.
- Payment means protection: an insurance company could investigate a specific insurance to cover loss or theft of a Bitcoin wallet.
- Micro-insurance: Zebpay-like Bitcoin wallets could be a basis for the distribution of specific micro-insurance products, as the Bitcoin wallet would enable direct access to the blockchain infrastructure (replacing the mobile wallet).
- Zebpay is a mobile wallet app that allows its over 25,000 users to buy, store, spend and send Bitcoins (or bits: 1 million bits in 1 Bitcoin).
- Bitcoins can be sent worldwide, to anyone using Zebpay. Activity can be seen on the Zebpay network, as the blockchain technology is used to record and secure Bitcoin transactions.
- Users can buy vouchers, gift cards and mobile airtime on Indian e-commerce companies among which Flipkart, Amazon, MakeMyTrip, BookMyShow and Dominos with a 5 to 10% discount. In order to finalize the purchase, they need to use their mobile number and a 4-digit PIN or a digital print (Touch ID).
- Users can top up or recharge their prepaid, postpaid mobiles or pay DTH bills using Bitcoins through the Zebpay app for operators such as Aircel, Cellone, Idea, Reliance, Vodafone etc.
- Zebpay users can buy Bitcoins with their bank account, but the wallet is not linked to the users’ account. Zebpay accepts NEFT/ RTGS/ IMPS Payments.
- Simplicity: Bitcoin services are integrated into a mobile wallet application.
- Security: users’ Bitcoin wallet is only linked to their mobile number and protected by a compulsory 4-digit PIN to verify transactions in case a user loses his/her mobile phone.
- Access to a new market: Zebpay allows its customers to indirectly use Bitcoin for shopping on selected Indian online stores.
How to use
- Users download the Zebpay app then verify their ID by clicking “a photo of your PAN card” (Permanent Account Number card for tax purposes in India).
- Users go to the “Buy / sell Bitcoins” screen, enter amount and then place their order. They can book a Bitcoin rate for 4 hours before proceeding with payment. They confirm their transaction with their 4-digit-PIN or using their digital print.
- Users click on “Shop” on the home screen to see a list of vouchers that are available for purchase: Bitcoins are transferred directly from the users’ Zebpay wallet and users receive a voucher code they can use to shop on the partnering e-commerce sites.
- Zebpay wallet explainer video
- Founders video explaining Zebpay