- Smart offers: enrich the smart home / smart health offers by providing Stringify platform as an additional value-add service.
- Stringify is a free mobile app (iOS only to date) that enables its users to link all their connected devices and smart appliances together on one platform and trigger actions. Users can create action chains called “flows” to automate their everyday tasks.
- Stringify is available in the USA and Canada, and plans to expand to the United Kingdom and Western Europe at mid-2016.
- Users can set up Stringify so that one or multiple parameters trigger one or multiple actions: when it’s time to go to bed, the user’s living room lamp blinks, the bedroom lamps dim and a timer turns their lights off completely 20 minutes later. Or if user makes a motion at night, lamps will be turned off at reduced brightness, while full brightness during the day.
- Stringify works with apps such as Automatic, Fitbit, Nest Thermostat, Bose Connected Speaker, Craigslist, DropBox, eBay, Evernote, Flickr, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Instagram, New York Times, Slack, Tumblr, Twitter, Yahoo News, Yelp, etc. The integration of a third party app/service requires its developers to develop internally an API that Stringify can access. The integration takes from a few days up to a couple of weeks depending on the complexity. A formal developer program to integrate new apps/services is planned for 2017.
- While IFTTT allows only simple one-to-one rules, Stringify can link many different devices, apps and services at once, both physical and digital.
- All-in-one app: users can manage all their smart appliances, Internet-connected devices and social media accounts through the Stringify app.
- Automation: Stringify allows users to automate their environment.
How to use
- Users download the Stringify app for free, sign up and connect their smart devices and social media apps. They are listed as “Things” in a dedicated tab.
- To create action chains, users click on the “Flows” tab and drag and drop their “Things”, then string them together.
- Stringify presentation video