- Sound City is an App that allows the user to track the surroundings’ sound level thanks to the smartphone’s microphones such as: traffic noise, public transportation, waste collection, proximity with hospitals and fire stations etc.
- The App records the noises around the smartphone during the day and computes different levels that might have impacts on the user’s health
- The App collects data for 5 seconds every 5 minutes
- When there is a very loud noise, the user can notify the App about the origin of the noise
- The App can also be used with a smart watch in order to compare the noise level with the pulse of the user
- Thanks to the App, it will allow the user to be more aware of the noise pollution surrounding him and take action to change his habits according to the data gathered on the phone
- The user has nothing to do except letting the App run during the day
How to use it
- The App will be soon available to download from the Apple Store for free. The App also works with smart watches.
- Click on the image to see the newspaper report.